President Bongbong Marcos has pledged to streamline career growth opportunities for public school teachers, reinforcing his administration’s push to make the teaching profession more sustainable and dignified.
The commitment was made on Thursday during the oath-taking ceremony for newly promoted teachers and school heads under the Expanded Career Progression program in the City of San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan, where nearly 2,000 educators from Bulacan and Pampanga were promoted and reclassified.
“Hindi ako papayag na hindi masuklian ang inyong sakripisyo. Kaya, gumagawa tayo ng mga hakbang upang marami pang guro ang tumaas ang posisyon, at kagaya ng aking ipinangako, walang sinuman na teacher ang magre-retire na Teacher I,” Marcos said.
“I have always believed that the true measure of a nation’s progress is the kind of future that we prepare for our youth. Policies and programs set the direction, but it is through you — our teachers — that these aspirations take root and grow,” he added.
The administration said the reforms aim to address long-standing promotion bottlenecks while recognizing teachers’ competence, professional growth, and years of service.
“After all, when our teachers are supported, our students are better served, and our nation moves forward with greater confidence,” Marcos said.
During the visit, the President also went with Education Secretary Sonny Angara to Minuyan Elementary School, which implements the government’s Yaman ng Kalusugan program.
Last year, the Marcos administration opened around 16,000 Teacher I positions for the 2025-2026 school year as part of a broader 20,000-teacher hiring drive. In addition, the DepEd plans to hire 32,916 new Teacher I positions in 2026 to help ease classroom congestion.








