Peanut Gallery Media Network
  • Home
  • News
    • Investigations
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Voices
    • World Affairs
  • Business
    • Careers
    • Creators
    • Markets
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
  • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Music
    • Pageants
    • Travel
    • Wellness
  • Contact Us
  • Shop
No Result
View All Result
Peanut Gallery Media Network
  • Home
  • News
    • Investigations
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Voices
    • World Affairs
  • Business
    • Careers
    • Creators
    • Markets
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
  • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Music
    • Pageants
    • Travel
    • Wellness
  • Contact Us
  • Shop
Peanut Gallery Media Network
No Result
View All Result
Home News Law

Department of Foreign Affairs rebukes Chinese Embassy over “millions of jobs” warning

John Russel Laggui by John Russel Laggui
February 18, 2026
in Law, News
0
‘Good luck’: Palace bares Marcos’ reaction to Sara Duterte 2028 presidential bid
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Department of Foreign Affairs, (DFA) on Monday admonished the Chinese Embassy in Manila over what it described as a veiled warning that China could withhold economic cooperation, potentially affecting millions of Filipino jobs, as tensions continue over competing claims in the South China Sea, known locally as the West Philippine Sea.

You might also like

Facing NBI cybercrime probe, vlogger Jack Argota admits sharing fake Marcos medical record

Gatchalian warns: Alleged licensure exam leak threatens screening of doctors, teachers, engineers

Sara Duterte definitively confirms 2028 presidential candidacy

The Chinese Embassy issued the advisory on Friday, February 13, 2026, linking “millions of jobs” to the state of diplomatic relations. The remarks were reported publicly the following day, February 14.

In a statement, the DFA said it “notes with concern” the embassy’s remarks and its implication of possible economic sanctions against the Philippines.

“We take strong exception to the Embassy’s tone, which appears to imply that such cooperation could be withheld as a form of leverage or retaliation,” the DFA said.

The embassy’s comments followed calls from some senators to expel Beijing’s envoy to Manila. In response, Chinese Embassy spokesperson Ji Linpeng warned that “any serious damage to diplomatic relations, including downgrading of those relations, would cost millions of jobs.”

“Are these senators prepared to personally compensate those for their lost incomes? Or is grandstanding easier when someone else pays the price?” Ji said.

The DFA emphasized that economic and cultural cooperation benefits the Philippines and its people. “The DFA values cooperation with all states across economic, cultural, and other domains, as it delivers clear benefits to the Philippines and its people,” it said.

It added, “In the current atmosphere, this framing risks being perceived as coercive and undermines constructive bilateral dialogue.”

The DFA renewed its call for Chinese diplomats “to adopt a responsible and measured tone in public exchanges.” Despite ongoing disputes, it said it remains “committed to diplomacy to stabilize and advance our bilateral relationship, notwithstanding profound differences.”

China claims nearly 90 percent of the South China Sea, including areas that overlap with the Philippines’ exclusive economic zone. Manila previously challenged Beijing’s claims under the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Seas and secured an arbitral ruling that China has rejected.

Tags: Chinese EmbassyDepartment of Foreign Affairsji linpengphilippinesSouth China Sea
Share30Tweet19
John Russel Laggui

John Russel Laggui

Recommended For You

Facing NBI cybercrime probe, vlogger Jack Argota admits sharing fake Marcos medical record

by PGMN Staff
February 18, 2026
0
Facing NBI cybercrime probe, vlogger Jack Argota admits sharing fake Marcos medical record

Vlogger Jack Argota , more popularly known on social media as “Sir Jack,” admitted that the medical record of President Bongbong Marcos he shared was fake and said...

Read moreDetails

Gatchalian warns: Alleged licensure exam leak threatens screening of doctors, teachers, engineers

by Sophie
February 18, 2026
0
‘Good luck’: Palace bares Marcos’ reaction to Sara Duterte 2028 presidential bid

Senator Win Gatchalian has raised serious concern over alleged leaks in Professional Regulation Commission licensure examinations, warning that the credibility of professional qualifications in the country could be...

Read moreDetails

Sara Duterte definitively confirms 2028 presidential candidacy

by Pat Santos
February 18, 2026
0
‘Good luck’: Palace bares Marcos’ reaction to Sara Duterte 2028 presidential bid

Vice President Sara Duterte formally announced her bid for the presidency in the 2028 national elections, declaring she is ready to seek the country’s highest office. In her...

Read moreDetails

OFW remittances hit record $35.6B in 2025, making up 7.3% of GDP, powering PH economy

by Emmanuel Lynx
February 18, 2026
0
‘Good luck’: Palace bares Marcos’ reaction to Sara Duterte 2028 presidential bid

Money sent home by Filipinos abroad reached a historic peak in 2025. Cash remittances climbed to $35.63 billion, the highest level on record, according to the Bangko Sentral...

Read moreDetails

‘Good luck’: Palace bares Marcos’ reaction to Sara Duterte 2028 presidential bid

by Pat Santos
February 18, 2026
0
‘Good luck’: Palace bares Marcos’ reaction to Sara Duterte 2028 presidential bid

President Bongbong Marcos extended a “good luck” message to Vice President Sara Duterte after she announced her bid for the presidency in the 2028 national elections. According to...

Read moreDetails

Related News

Facing NBI cybercrime probe, vlogger Jack Argota admits sharing fake Marcos medical record

Facing NBI cybercrime probe, vlogger Jack Argota admits sharing fake Marcos medical record

February 18, 2026
‘Good luck’: Palace bares Marcos’ reaction to Sara Duterte 2028 presidential bid

Department of Foreign Affairs rebukes Chinese Embassy over “millions of jobs” warning

February 18, 2026
‘Good luck’: Palace bares Marcos’ reaction to Sara Duterte 2028 presidential bid

Gatchalian warns: Alleged licensure exam leak threatens screening of doctors, teachers, engineers

February 18, 2026
Peanut Gallery Media Network

We bring you the best Premium WordPress Themes that perfect for news, magazine, personal blog, etc. Check our landing page for details.

© 2025 PGMN - Peanut Gallery Media News

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Investigations
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Voices
    • World Affairs
  • Business
    • Careers
    • Creators
    • Markets
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
  • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Music
    • Pageants
    • Travel
    • Wellness
  • Contact Us
  • Shop

© 2025 PGMN - Peanut Gallery Media News

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?