Peanut Gallery Media Network
  • Home
  • News
    • Investigations
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Voices
    • World Affairs
  • Business
    • Careers
    • Creators
    • Markets
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
  • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Music
    • Pageants
    • Travel
    • Wellness
  • Contact Us
  • Shop
No Result
View All Result
Peanut Gallery Media Network
  • Home
  • News
    • Investigations
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Voices
    • World Affairs
  • Business
    • Careers
    • Creators
    • Markets
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
  • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Music
    • Pageants
    • Travel
    • Wellness
  • Contact Us
  • Shop
Peanut Gallery Media Network
No Result
View All Result
Home Careers

Taylor Swift asks US to block Cathay’s ‘Swift Home’ bedding brand over logo resembling her signature

Emmanuel Lynx by Emmanuel Lynx
February 14, 2026
in Careers, Trending, Viral
0
SC justice Carpio now supports same parliamentary system reforms of PGMN anchor Orion Perez to replace presidential setup
76
SHARES
1.3k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

A cursive “Swift” has pulled Taylor Swift’s autograph into a federal trademark battle. The singer has asked the United States Patent and Trademark Office to block Cathay Home Inc. from registering “Swift Home” for bedding products.

You might also like

Secret dinner, ₱300M+ project: Government officials caught meeting blockchain vendor before bidding

Increase in births among girls 10 to 14 signals growing concern over teenage pregnancy in the PH

Willie Revillame among registered bidders for luxury cars once owned by Discayas

The dispute centers on the stylized script used in Cathay’s logo. Her legal team argues that the design closely resembles her trademarked signature and could confuse consumers.

Swift’s company, TAS Rights Management LLC, stated in its opposition filing on Wednesday that the cursive “Swift” “closely resembles” her protected signature and “would likely mislead consumers into thinking” she endorsed the products.

Swift said this in the formal submission to the trademark office as she outlined the basis for blocking the application. The filing also claims the proposed mark creates a “false association” and seeks to use her established goodwill and recognition.

Cathay Home applied last year to secure federal protection for “Swift Home” covering bedding items including pillows, mattresses, and sheets. The company sells its products through major retailers such as Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, and Nordstrom.

Reports also show that Swift’s team signaled opposition in December 2025 before filing the formal challenge. Attorney Rebecca Liebowitz of Venable LLP represents Swift in the case.

Swift owns federal trademarks that protect the commercial use of her name and signature across several product categories, including bed linens and clothing. She has filed more than 300 trademarks in the United States and other jurisdictions tied to her name, initials, album titles, and branding.

A trademark attorney not involved in the dispute told Reuters that Swift has filed relatively few oppositions given the scale of her intellectual property portfolio.

The trademark office will now review both sides’ filings before deciding whether Cathay can proceed with the “Swift Home” registration.

Tags: beddingcathay homeTaylor Swifttrademark
Share30Tweet19
Emmanuel Lynx

Emmanuel Lynx

Recommended For You

Secret dinner, ₱300M+ project: Government officials caught meeting blockchain vendor before bidding

by PGMN Staff
February 14, 2026
0
Increase in births among girls 10 to 14 signals growing concern over teenage pregnancy in the PH

A quiet dinner last Friday is now casting a long shadow over a ₱300 million government technology project. The meeting did not happen inside an agency conference room....

Read moreDetails

Increase in births among girls 10 to 14 signals growing concern over teenage pregnancy in the PH

by JP
February 14, 2026
0
Increase in births among girls 10 to 14 signals growing concern over teenage pregnancy in the PH

Teenage pregnancy in the Philippines is sparking increasing concern, with officials citing digital exposure, limited access to reproductive health services, legal barriers, and gaps in sexuality education as...

Read moreDetails

Willie Revillame among registered bidders for luxury cars once owned by Discayas

by John Russel Laggui
February 14, 2026
0
Willie Revillame among registered bidders for luxury cars once owned by Discayas

Television host and entertainer Willie Revillame was listed as one of the registered bidders in the public auction of luxury vehicles formerly owned by contractors Curlee Discaya and...

Read moreDetails

Diokno only pink politician in top 12 for Senate 2028, says Tangere; out if either Vico or Robin run

by Sophie
February 14, 2026
0
SC justice Carpio now supports same parliamentary system reforms of PGMN anchor Orion Perez to replace presidential setup

Akbayan Party-list’s Chel Diokno is the only pink-aligned politician currently polling within the Top 12 of the 2028 senatorial race, according to the latest preference survey released by...

Read moreDetails

Gunman kills Miss Philippines Earth 2013 runner-up in cold-blooded shooting

by Sophie
February 14, 2026
0
SC justice Carpio now supports same parliamentary system reforms of PGMN anchor Orion Perez to replace presidential setup

A 32-year-old former Miss Philippines Earth 2013 runner-up was killed in a brutal shooting Friday evening in San Manuel, Isabela. Teacher and Beauty Queen Lullete Jane Ramilo-De Guzman...

Read moreDetails

Related News

Increase in births among girls 10 to 14 signals growing concern over teenage pregnancy in the PH

Secret dinner, ₱300M+ project: Government officials caught meeting blockchain vendor before bidding

February 14, 2026
Increase in births among girls 10 to 14 signals growing concern over teenage pregnancy in the PH

Increase in births among girls 10 to 14 signals growing concern over teenage pregnancy in the PH

February 14, 2026
Willie Revillame among registered bidders for luxury cars once owned by Discayas

Willie Revillame among registered bidders for luxury cars once owned by Discayas

February 14, 2026
Peanut Gallery Media Network

We bring you the best Premium WordPress Themes that perfect for news, magazine, personal blog, etc. Check our landing page for details.

© 2025 PGMN - Peanut Gallery Media News

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Investigations
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Voices
    • World Affairs
  • Business
    • Careers
    • Creators
    • Markets
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
  • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Music
    • Pageants
    • Travel
    • Wellness
  • Contact Us
  • Shop

© 2025 PGMN - Peanut Gallery Media News

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?