Peanut Gallery Media Network
  • Home
  • News
    • Investigations
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Voices
    • World Affairs
  • Business
    • Careers
    • Creators
    • Markets
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
  • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Music
    • Pageants
    • Travel
    • Wellness
  • Contact Us
  • Shop
No Result
View All Result
Peanut Gallery Media Network
  • Home
  • News
    • Investigations
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Voices
    • World Affairs
  • Business
    • Careers
    • Creators
    • Markets
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
  • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Music
    • Pageants
    • Travel
    • Wellness
  • Contact Us
  • Shop
Peanut Gallery Media Network
No Result
View All Result

Pressure mounts to open ICI probe as Singson confirms ‘smoking gun’ evidence

PGMN Staff by PGMN Staff
October 14, 2025
in News, Politics, Trending
0
Pressure mounts to open ICI probe as Singson confirms ‘smoking gun’ evidence
83
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The push to livestream the Independent Commission for Infrastructure’s (ICI) probe into alleged multibillion-peso corruption in the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) has intensified after commissioner Rogelio Singson confirmed that the body has secured “critical witnesses” and what it described as a “smoking gun” in its one-month investigation.

You might also like

No cyber warrant presented: PGMN counsel raises serious legal concerns over NBI’s phone search vs Mabanta

LTFRB approves P10 fuel discount coverage for 141,000 jeepney and UV Express units

Dizon orders SLEX drainage cleanup as flooding exposes clogged creeks, trash buildup

While the commission is weighing transparency measures such as livestreaming select sessions or holding regular press briefings, Singson said some hearings must remain closed to protect the integrity of the case. “Where we have critical witnesses, we really get as much information with proper documentation and pictures,” he said. “Other sessions, if we can only expect general information, we can livestream that.”

ICI executive director Brian Keith Hosaka said the commission may hold regular press conferences to keep the public updated. He admitted that there are no immediate plans for a livestream but acknowledged that public demand for transparency is growing louder by the day.

Lawmakers have also entered the fray. House Deputy Minority Leader Rep. Leila de Lima said making the proceedings public is necessary now that the House infrastructure committee has suspended its probe, while the Senate Blue Ribbon committee’s next hearing is still weeks away. Las Piñas Rep. Mark Anthony Santos argued that livestreaming could help prevent misinformation, citing the controversy surrounding Sen. Mark Villar’s reported outburst during questioning.

Sen. Kiko Pangilinan warned that public patience is wearing thin. “One day, the people might be rallying in front of the members’ homes,” he said, urging the commission to be more transparent.

Singson defended the closed-door hearings, likening the commission’s work to police investigators who cannot disclose details while building cases. The ICI has so far identified 15 to 20 cases for possible filing before the Office of the Ombudsman, initially targeting low-level perpetrators of ghost flood control projects.

Senate President Pro Tempore Panfilo Lacson has called for stronger government support for the ICI, citing its limited resources amid what he described as an “overwhelming” number of questionable projects.

As of today, the ICI hearings remain closed to the public, with no official livestreams available. The commission, however, said it is evaluating ways to share updates as investigations progress.

Tags: corruptionDPWHICIRogelio Singsontransparency
Share33Tweet21
PGMN Staff

PGMN Staff

Peanut Gallery Media Network is the fastest-growing digital media platform in the Philippines — built by creators, powered by real voices, and driven to disrupt. From politics to pop culture, we cover the stories that actually matter, with the tone and energy today’s audience deserves.

Recommended For You

No cyber warrant presented: PGMN counsel raises serious legal concerns over NBI’s phone search vs Mabanta

by PGMN Staff
May 19, 2026
0
No cyber warrant presented: PGMN counsel raises serious legal concerns over NBI’s phone search vs Mabanta

PGMN counsel Atty. Bernice Joana Piñol-Rodriguez on Tuesday pushed back against statements by National Bureau of Investigation Director Melvin Matibag claiming that a Pasig court had issued a...

Read moreDetails

LTFRB approves P10 fuel discount coverage for 141,000 jeepney and UV Express units

by J.E Socorro
May 19, 2026
0

The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board has rolled out a ₱10-per-liter diesel discount covering 141,724 passenger jeepney and UV Express units nationwide, offering fuel relief to drivers...

Read moreDetails

Dizon orders SLEX drainage cleanup as flooding exposes clogged creeks, trash buildup

by Ildefonso Corazon
May 19, 2026
0

DPWH Secretary Vince Dizon has ordered the immediate declogging of drainage pipes along the South Luzon Expressway after heavy weekend rains rapidly flooded parts of Sucat and Magallanes....

Read moreDetails

Comelec moves forward with 2028 internet voting for OFWs despite Supreme Court case

by John Mordy
May 19, 2026
0
Comelec moves forward with 2028 internet voting for OFWs despite Supreme Court case

The Commission on Elections is moving forward with internet voting for overseas Filipinos in the 2028 elections, even as a challenge against the system used in the 2025...

Read moreDetails

Hontiveros files tribute resolution for journalists in Senate shooting coverage

by Ildefonso Corazon
May 19, 2026
0

Sen. Risa Hontiveros has filed a Senate resolution honoring members of the Senate media who continued reporting during the May 13 shooting incident at the Senate in Pasay...

Read moreDetails

Follow PGMN

Popular Stories

  • After Terrorizing Boracay, Vitaly is in Manila Harassing People Around BGC

    After Terrorizing Boracay, Vitaly is in Manila Harassing People Around BGC

    316 shares
    Share 126 Tweet 79
  • Baste Duterte goes after Marcos cabinet over Rodrigo Duterte’s ICC arrest

    310 shares
    Share 124 Tweet 78
  • The Song of a Fallen Alliance: What Digong’s ‘MacArthur Park’ Message to VP Sara Means

    252 shares
    Share 101 Tweet 63
  • “Resign ka na!” scorned gay netizen Robby Tarroza threatens to expose the private parts of Senator Estrada’s life

    186 shares
    Share 74 Tweet 47
  • Shocking Act of Bitterness: Isko’s office completely emptied by Lacuna before turnover

    171 shares
    Share 68 Tweet 43
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
After Terrorizing Boracay, Vitaly is in Manila Harassing People Around BGC

After Terrorizing Boracay, Vitaly is in Manila Harassing People Around BGC

April 3, 2025
Baste Duterte goes after Marcos cabinet over Rodrigo Duterte’s ICC arrest

Baste Duterte goes after Marcos cabinet over Rodrigo Duterte’s ICC arrest

September 15, 2025
The Song of a Fallen Alliance: What Digong’s ‘MacArthur Park’ Message to VP Sara Means

The Song of a Fallen Alliance: What Digong’s ‘MacArthur Park’ Message to VP Sara Means

February 7, 2025
“Resign ka na!” scorned gay netizen Robby Tarroza threatens to expose the private parts of Senator Estrada’s life

“Resign ka na!” scorned gay netizen Robby Tarroza threatens to expose the private parts of Senator Estrada’s life

September 13, 2025
Democratic Party Shuffle Only Enrages US Citizens

Democratic Party Shuffle Only Enrages US Citizens

3
Sandiganbayan marcos

Sandiganbayan Drops Civil Case Against Marcos Estate

0
Olivia Rodrigo Philippines

Olivia Rodrigo Pledges Net Profits from Philippines Concert to Charity

0
2024 Philippine Airlines

2024 Philippine Airlines Direct Flights: Every City You Can Travel To

0
No cyber warrant presented: PGMN counsel raises serious legal concerns over NBI’s phone search vs Mabanta

No cyber warrant presented: PGMN counsel raises serious legal concerns over NBI’s phone search vs Mabanta

May 19, 2026

LTFRB approves P10 fuel discount coverage for 141,000 jeepney and UV Express units

May 19, 2026

Dizon orders SLEX drainage cleanup as flooding exposes clogged creeks, trash buildup

May 19, 2026
Comelec moves forward with 2028 internet voting for OFWs despite Supreme Court case

Comelec moves forward with 2028 internet voting for OFWs despite Supreme Court case

May 19, 2026
Peanut Gallery Media Network

PGMN

© 2026 PGMN - Peanut Gallery Media Network. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Investigations
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Voices
    • World Affairs
  • Business
    • Careers
    • Creators
    • Markets
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
  • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Music
    • Pageants
    • Travel
    • Wellness
  • Contact Us
  • Shop

© 2026 PGMN - Peanut Gallery Media Network. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?