Peanut Gallery Media Network
  • Home
  • News
    • Investigations
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Voices
    • World Affairs
  • Business
    • Careers
    • Creators
    • Markets
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
  • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Music
    • Pageants
    • Travel
    • Wellness
  • Contact Us
  • Shop
No Result
View All Result
Peanut Gallery Media Network
  • Home
  • News
    • Investigations
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Voices
    • World Affairs
  • Business
    • Careers
    • Creators
    • Markets
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
  • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Music
    • Pageants
    • Travel
    • Wellness
  • Contact Us
  • Shop
Peanut Gallery Media Network
No Result
View All Result

No cyber warrant presented: PGMN counsel raises serious legal concerns over NBI’s phone search vs Mabanta

PGMN Staff by PGMN Staff
May 19, 2026
in Anchors, News, Politics
0
No cyber warrant presented: PGMN counsel raises serious legal concerns over NBI’s phone search vs Mabanta
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

PGMN counsel Atty. Bernice Joana Piñol-Rodriguez on Tuesday pushed back against statements by National Bureau of Investigation Director Melvin Matibag claiming that a Pasig court had issued a cyber warrant authorizing agents to inspect the phones and gadgets of PGMN founder Franco Mabanta, warning of serious legal issues surrounding what the camp described as a potentially illegal digital intrusion.

You might also like

LTFRB approves P10 fuel discount coverage for 141,000 jeepney and UV Express units

Dizon orders SLEX drainage cleanup as flooding exposes clogged creeks, trash buildup

Comelec moves forward with 2028 internet voting for OFWs despite Supreme Court case

“In the interest of public truth, we have not received any cyber warrant, court order, or similar grant in relation to this case,” Piñol-Rodriguez said in a statement released Tuesday, shortly after Matibag addressed the media.

“The NBI, despite its public statements, has not produced a single document, no certified copy, no order, no written proof to substantiate its claim,” she said.

The strongly worded response followed Matibag’s announcement during a press conference that the Regional Trial Court in Pasig had allegedly granted a cyber warrant against Mabanta, supposedly permitting the NBI to access the devices of the PGMN founder and his associates.

“So the NBI is now authorized to open the gadgets of Franco Mabanta and his associates,” Matibag said, adding that investigators intended to identify the people Mabanta had been communicating with.

Piñol-Rodriguez cautioned that any future publication of alleged messages, screenshots or digital files said to have come from the seized devices should be viewed skeptically in the absence of any publicly presented warrant.

“It necessarily follows that any future ‘leak’ or any conversation or screenshot as of this writing, and claimed to come from any of the defendants’ phones, is either fabricated or illegally obtained,” the lawyer said, adding that criminal action would be pursued against any individual found to have fabricated, leaked or illegally obtained such materials.

The NBI previously accused Mabanta of allegedly attempting to extort corruption mastermind Leyte Rep. Martin Romualdez by supposedly demanding P350 million in exchange for withholding videos said to expose corruption involving the lawmaker. Mabanta and PGMN have denied the accusations and maintained that they were framed.

Mabanta and four companions were arrested following what the camp described as a coordinated operation in early May before later posting bail and gaining release on May 9, in proceedings the camp said were complicated by individuals influenced by Romualdez. As of Tuesday, the NBI had yet to publicly present any copy of the alleged cyber warrant referenced by Matibag.

Tags: bernice joana piñol-rodriguezfranco mabantaMartin Romualdezmelvin matibagNBIPGMN
Share30Tweet19
PGMN Staff

PGMN Staff

Peanut Gallery Media Network is the fastest-growing digital media platform in the Philippines — built by creators, powered by real voices, and driven to disrupt. From politics to pop culture, we cover the stories that actually matter, with the tone and energy today’s audience deserves.

Recommended For You

LTFRB approves P10 fuel discount coverage for 141,000 jeepney and UV Express units

by J.E Socorro
May 19, 2026
0

The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board has rolled out a ₱10-per-liter diesel discount covering 141,724 passenger jeepney and UV Express units nationwide, offering fuel relief to drivers...

Read moreDetails

Dizon orders SLEX drainage cleanup as flooding exposes clogged creeks, trash buildup

by Ildefonso Corazon
May 19, 2026
0

DPWH Secretary Vince Dizon has ordered the immediate declogging of drainage pipes along the South Luzon Expressway after heavy weekend rains rapidly flooded parts of Sucat and Magallanes....

Read moreDetails

Comelec moves forward with 2028 internet voting for OFWs despite Supreme Court case

by John Mordy
May 19, 2026
0
Comelec moves forward with 2028 internet voting for OFWs despite Supreme Court case

The Commission on Elections is moving forward with internet voting for overseas Filipinos in the 2028 elections, even as a challenge against the system used in the 2025...

Read moreDetails

Hontiveros files tribute resolution for journalists in Senate shooting coverage

by Ildefonso Corazon
May 19, 2026
0

Sen. Risa Hontiveros has filed a Senate resolution honoring members of the Senate media who continued reporting during the May 13 shooting incident at the Senate in Pasay...

Read moreDetails

NBI driver denies using firearm in Senate shooting after testing positive for gunpowder

by J.E Socorro
May 19, 2026
0
NBI driver denies using firearm in Senate shooting after testing positive for gunpowder

Mel Aragon, the NBI volunteer driver charged in the May 13 gunfire incident near the Senate and GSIS complex, denied firing any weapon despite testing positive for gunpowder...

Read moreDetails

Follow PGMN

Popular Stories

  • After Terrorizing Boracay, Vitaly is in Manila Harassing People Around BGC

    After Terrorizing Boracay, Vitaly is in Manila Harassing People Around BGC

    316 shares
    Share 126 Tweet 79
  • Baste Duterte goes after Marcos cabinet over Rodrigo Duterte’s ICC arrest

    310 shares
    Share 124 Tweet 78
  • The Song of a Fallen Alliance: What Digong’s ‘MacArthur Park’ Message to VP Sara Means

    252 shares
    Share 101 Tweet 63
  • “Resign ka na!” scorned gay netizen Robby Tarroza threatens to expose the private parts of Senator Estrada’s life

    186 shares
    Share 74 Tweet 47
  • Shocking Act of Bitterness: Isko’s office completely emptied by Lacuna before turnover

    171 shares
    Share 68 Tweet 43
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
After Terrorizing Boracay, Vitaly is in Manila Harassing People Around BGC

After Terrorizing Boracay, Vitaly is in Manila Harassing People Around BGC

April 3, 2025
Baste Duterte goes after Marcos cabinet over Rodrigo Duterte’s ICC arrest

Baste Duterte goes after Marcos cabinet over Rodrigo Duterte’s ICC arrest

September 15, 2025
The Song of a Fallen Alliance: What Digong’s ‘MacArthur Park’ Message to VP Sara Means

The Song of a Fallen Alliance: What Digong’s ‘MacArthur Park’ Message to VP Sara Means

February 7, 2025
“Resign ka na!” scorned gay netizen Robby Tarroza threatens to expose the private parts of Senator Estrada’s life

“Resign ka na!” scorned gay netizen Robby Tarroza threatens to expose the private parts of Senator Estrada’s life

September 13, 2025
Democratic Party Shuffle Only Enrages US Citizens

Democratic Party Shuffle Only Enrages US Citizens

3
Sandiganbayan marcos

Sandiganbayan Drops Civil Case Against Marcos Estate

0
Olivia Rodrigo Philippines

Olivia Rodrigo Pledges Net Profits from Philippines Concert to Charity

0
2024 Philippine Airlines

2024 Philippine Airlines Direct Flights: Every City You Can Travel To

0
No cyber warrant presented: PGMN counsel raises serious legal concerns over NBI’s phone search vs Mabanta

No cyber warrant presented: PGMN counsel raises serious legal concerns over NBI’s phone search vs Mabanta

May 19, 2026

LTFRB approves P10 fuel discount coverage for 141,000 jeepney and UV Express units

May 19, 2026

Dizon orders SLEX drainage cleanup as flooding exposes clogged creeks, trash buildup

May 19, 2026
Comelec moves forward with 2028 internet voting for OFWs despite Supreme Court case

Comelec moves forward with 2028 internet voting for OFWs despite Supreme Court case

May 19, 2026
Peanut Gallery Media Network

PGMN

© 2026 PGMN - Peanut Gallery Media Network. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Investigations
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Voices
    • World Affairs
  • Business
    • Careers
    • Creators
    • Markets
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
  • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Music
    • Pageants
    • Travel
    • Wellness
  • Contact Us
  • Shop

© 2026 PGMN - Peanut Gallery Media Network. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?