Peanut Gallery Media Network
  • Home
  • News
    • Investigations
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Voices
    • World Affairs
  • Business
    • Careers
    • Creators
    • Markets
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
  • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Music
    • Pageants
    • Travel
    • Wellness
  • Contact Us
  • Shop
No Result
View All Result
Peanut Gallery Media Network
  • Home
  • News
    • Investigations
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Voices
    • World Affairs
  • Business
    • Careers
    • Creators
    • Markets
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
  • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Music
    • Pageants
    • Travel
    • Wellness
  • Contact Us
  • Shop
Peanut Gallery Media Network
No Result
View All Result

Php 60B Philhealth return ordered by supreme court gains palace backing

PGMN Staff by PGMN Staff
December 5, 2025
in News, Politics, Trending
0
Php 60B Philhealth return ordered by supreme court gains palace backing
78
SHARES
1.3k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Malacañang on Friday said it respects the Supreme Court order directing the restoration of the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation’s PHP60 billion idle funds that had been moved to the national treasury for 2024.

You might also like

This Chinese movie with a $2000 budget is so ugly it became a $4 million blockbuster

From Meta to medieval manor: Mark Zuckerberg buys 200-year-old Irish castle worth ₱1.8 billion

Leni, Chel only pink names in magic 12 of most recent Tangere 2028 Senate poll

Executive Secretary Ralph Recto said the Executive branch will follow the ruling and ensure the fund return follows all laws and budget procedures.

“Tulad ng lagi naming sinasabi bago pa man ang desisyon, susunod po ang Ehekutibo sa kautusan ng Korte Suprema, gaya rin ng pagsunod at pagtatalaga namin sa direktiba ng Kongreso noon na gamitin ang natutulog na pondo ng mga GOCCs para sa kapakanan ng taumbayan. He added that “As we have always said even before the decision, the Executive will follow the order of the Supreme Court, just as we complied with the directive of Congress before to use the idle funds of the GOCCs for the benefit of the people.”

Recto said President Bongbong Marcos began steps as early as September 20 to restore PhilHealth funds. He said the move recognized stronger agency performance, wider absorptive capacity, and expanded benefit packages.

Recto reaffirmed the administration’s commitment to use government resources to guarantee that “no Filipino is ever denied healthcare.” He said “Our goal remains the same to make every hard earned peso of the Filipino taxpayer count for our people for their families and for their health.”

He said PhilHealth services were never affected by the fund transfer and no member contributions were touched. He said the correction even supported PhilHealth’s largest expansion of benefits under Universal Health Care, paired with Zero Balance Billing to shield families from rising medical costs.

Recto said the Executive followed the congressional mandate set in the 2024 General Appropriations Act and noted that the Department of Finance role is “solely in revenue generation and debt and deficit management.”

“We believed then, and still believe, that the directive was a common sense approach to optimize government coffers without resorting to additional borrowing or new taxes,” Recto said. He added that before any remittance took place, the Office of the Government Corporate Counsel, the Governance Commission for GOCCs, and the Commission on Audit cleared the transfer. He said the PhilHealth board also approved it.

Presidential Communications Office Acting Secretary Dave Gomez said the Office of the Solicitor General will review the High Court ruling and determine the next step, which may include filing a motion for reconsideration.

Tags: fundingHealthcarepalacePhilHealthSupreme Court
Share31Tweet20
PGMN Staff

PGMN Staff

Peanut Gallery Media Network is the fastest-growing digital media platform in the Philippines — built by creators, powered by real voices, and driven to disrupt. From politics to pop culture, we cover the stories that actually matter, with the tone and energy today’s audience deserves.

Recommended For You

This Chinese movie with a $2000 budget is so ugly it became a $4 million blockbuster

by PGMN Writer
August 22, 2026
0
This Chinese movie with a $2000 budget is so ugly it became a $4 million blockbuster

A low-budget Chinese animated film that was initially ignored in theaters has become a box-office surprise after its deliberately rough and “ugly” visuals went viral, turning a project...

Read moreDetails

From Meta to medieval manor: Mark Zuckerberg buys 200-year-old Irish castle worth ₱1.8 billion

by PGMN Writer
August 22, 2026
0
From Meta to medieval manor: Mark Zuckerberg buys 200-year-old Irish castle worth ₱1.8 billion

Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg has purchased Strancally Castle, a 19th-century Gothic-style estate in southeast Ireland, adding a historic landmark overlooking the River Blackwater to his growing real estate...

Read moreDetails

Leni, Chel only pink names in magic 12 of most recent Tangere 2028 Senate poll

by Jafa
August 22, 2026
0
Leni, Chel only pink names in magic 12 of most recent Tangere 2028 Senate poll

Naga City Mayor Leni Robredo and Rep. Chel Diokno emerged as the only figures associated with the pink-yellow political bloc to enter the Magic 12 of Tangere’s most...

Read moreDetails

Duterte brothers Baste and Pulong maintain Senate survey superiority in recent 2028 Tangere poll

by PGMN Writer
August 22, 2026
0
Duterte brothers Baste and Pulong maintain Senate survey superiority in recent 2028 Tangere poll

Davao City Mayor Sebastian "Baste" Duterte and Davao City Rep. Paolo “Pulong” Duterte remain among the strongest prospective candidates for the 2028 Senate race, with both brothers landing...

Read moreDetails

Same four names dominate new Tangere 2028 Senate poll: Vico, Baste, Raffy, Robin

by PGMN Writer
August 22, 2026
0
Same four names dominate new Tangere 2028 Senate poll: Vico, Baste, Raffy, Robin

Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto, Davao City Mayor Sebastian "Baste" Duterte, Raffy Tulfo and Sen. Robin Padilla held the top four spots in Tangere’s latest 2028 senatorial preference...

Read moreDetails

Follow PGMN

Popular Stories

  • After Terrorizing Boracay, Vitaly is in Manila Harassing People Around BGC

    After Terrorizing Boracay, Vitaly is in Manila Harassing People Around BGC

    320 shares
    Share 128 Tweet 80
  • Baste Duterte goes after Marcos cabinet over Rodrigo Duterte’s ICC arrest

    312 shares
    Share 125 Tweet 78
  • The Song of a Fallen Alliance: What Digong’s ‘MacArthur Park’ Message to VP Sara Means

    253 shares
    Share 101 Tweet 63
  • ROMUALDEZ SEEN HAVING MERIENDA IN BGC

    249 shares
    Share 100 Tweet 62
  • “Resign ka na!” scorned gay netizen Robby Tarroza threatens to expose the private parts of Senator Estrada’s life

    188 shares
    Share 75 Tweet 47
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
After Terrorizing Boracay, Vitaly is in Manila Harassing People Around BGC

After Terrorizing Boracay, Vitaly is in Manila Harassing People Around BGC

April 3, 2025
Baste Duterte goes after Marcos cabinet over Rodrigo Duterte’s ICC arrest

Baste Duterte goes after Marcos cabinet over Rodrigo Duterte’s ICC arrest

September 15, 2025
The Song of a Fallen Alliance: What Digong’s ‘MacArthur Park’ Message to VP Sara Means

The Song of a Fallen Alliance: What Digong’s ‘MacArthur Park’ Message to VP Sara Means

February 7, 2025
US, Iran Move Toward War-Ending Deal; Hormuz Reopening Could Ease Global Fuel Pressure

ROMUALDEZ SEEN HAVING MERIENDA IN BGC

June 15, 2026
Democratic Party Shuffle Only Enrages US Citizens

Democratic Party Shuffle Only Enrages US Citizens

3
Sandiganbayan marcos

Sandiganbayan Drops Civil Case Against Marcos Estate

0
Olivia Rodrigo Philippines

Olivia Rodrigo Pledges Net Profits from Philippines Concert to Charity

0
2024 Philippine Airlines

2024 Philippine Airlines Direct Flights: Every City You Can Travel To

0
This Chinese movie with a $2000 budget is so ugly it became a $4 million blockbuster

This Chinese movie with a $2000 budget is so ugly it became a $4 million blockbuster

August 22, 2026
From Meta to medieval manor: Mark Zuckerberg buys 200-year-old Irish castle worth ₱1.8 billion

From Meta to medieval manor: Mark Zuckerberg buys 200-year-old Irish castle worth ₱1.8 billion

August 22, 2026
Leni, Chel only pink names in magic 12 of most recent Tangere 2028 Senate poll

Leni, Chel only pink names in magic 12 of most recent Tangere 2028 Senate poll

August 22, 2026
Duterte brothers Baste and Pulong maintain Senate survey superiority in recent 2028 Tangere poll

Duterte brothers Baste and Pulong maintain Senate survey superiority in recent 2028 Tangere poll

August 22, 2026
Peanut Gallery Media Network

PGMN

© 2026 PGMN - Peanut Gallery Media Network. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Investigations
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Voices
    • World Affairs
  • Business
    • Careers
    • Creators
    • Markets
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
  • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Music
    • Pageants
    • Travel
    • Wellness
  • Contact Us
  • Shop

© 2026 PGMN - Peanut Gallery Media Network. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?