Peanut Gallery Media Network
  • Home
  • News
    • Investigations
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Voices
    • World Affairs
  • Business
    • Careers
    • Creators
    • Markets
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
  • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Music
    • Pageants
    • Travel
    • Wellness
  • Contact Us
  • Shop
No Result
View All Result
Peanut Gallery Media Network
  • Home
  • News
    • Investigations
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Voices
    • World Affairs
  • Business
    • Careers
    • Creators
    • Markets
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
  • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Music
    • Pageants
    • Travel
    • Wellness
  • Contact Us
  • Shop
Peanut Gallery Media Network
No Result
View All Result

Marcos orders full-scale investigation into Ateneo de Zamboanga shooting

PGMN writer by PGMN writer
August 19, 2026
in News, Politics, Trending
0
PNP says 70% of people arrested in online child sexual abuse cases this year were mothers of the victims
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has directed law enforcement agencies to conduct a full investigation into the August 18 shooting at Ateneo de Zamboanga University, as authorities examine how the firearms used in the incident reached the school campus.

You might also like

Sara Duterte blasts Bilyonaryo, 2 other outlets over inaccurate reports on Japan visit

Benguet farmers forced to dump vegetables as two-day trading queues and low prices worsen losses

New milestone unlocked: In just 21 months, PGMN surpasses 1,000,000 Facebook followers

The shooting left two students dead, including the Grade 9 student identified by authorities as the suspected attacker. A Grade 10 student was also killed.

Police are now looking into the possible motive, the ownership and source of the firearms, and whether any security or procedural lapses allowed the weapons to be brought inside the school.

Interior and Local Government Secretary Jonvic Remulla said investigators are also reviewing the circumstances surrounding the incident, including reports that it was livestreamed on social media.

Marcos, meanwhile, extended his condolences to the families of the students and the Ateneo de Zamboanga community.

“Our schools are where we entrust our children to learn, to grow and to dream about the lives ahead of them. They must also be among the safest places in our country,” the President said.

He said the investigation should not only establish what happened but also identify additional measures that could help prevent similar incidents.

“I have directed our law enforcement agencies to conduct a thorough investigation into this incident and to determine what more must be done to prevent another family, another school and another community from suffering the same grief,” Marcos said.

The President also pledged closer coordination between the government, schools and local communities to strengthen student safety and campus security.

The Department of the Interior and Local Government likewise urged the public to avoid spreading unverified information, photos and videos related to the case, particularly content involving minors, while the investigation continues.

Tags: ateneo de zamboanga universityDepartment of the Interior and Local GovernmentFerdinand Marcos Jr.Jonvic Remulla
Share30Tweet19
PGMN writer

PGMN writer

Recommended For You

Sara Duterte blasts Bilyonaryo, 2 other outlets over inaccurate reports on Japan visit

by PGMN Writer
August 19, 2026
0
PNP says 70% of people arrested in online child sexual abuse cases this year were mothers of the victims

Vice President Sara Duterte criticized Bilyonaryo over its report about her supposed Japan trip, saying it was outdated because the trip had already been canceled and the revised...

Read moreDetails

Benguet farmers forced to dump vegetables as two-day trading queues and low prices worsen losses

by PGMN Staff
August 19, 2026
0
Benguet farmers forced to dump vegetables as two-day trading queues and low prices worsen losses

Benguet farmers are throwing away truckloads of vegetables they worked to grow after plunging prices, scarce buyers and costly trips to trading centers left some with little reason...

Read moreDetails

New milestone unlocked: In just 21 months, PGMN surpasses 1,000,000 Facebook followers

by PGMN Staff
August 19, 2026
0
New milestone unlocked: In just 21 months, PGMN surpasses 1,000,000 Facebook followers

Peanut Gallery Media Network (PGMN) has officially surpassed one million Facebook followers just 21 months after launch, marking another milestone in the digital news organization’s rapid growth. PGMN’s...

Read moreDetails

Tiangco files anti-littering bill, pushes tougher penalties requiring offenders to clean canals and waterways

by PGMN Staff
August 19, 2026
0
Tiangco files anti-littering bill, pushes tougher penalties requiring offenders to clean canals and waterways

Navotas City Rep. Toby Tiangco has filed a bill that would require people caught littering in public spaces to perform canal and waterway cleanup as community service, with...

Read moreDetails

PNP says 70% of people arrested in online child sexual abuse cases this year were mothers of the victims

by PGMN Staff
August 19, 2026
0
PNP says 70% of people arrested in online child sexual abuse cases this year were mothers of the victims

A child’s first protection can become their greatest vulnerability when the person they trust most becomes the facilitator. The Philippine National Police (PNP) says mothers comprised 70% of...

Read moreDetails

Follow PGMN

Popular Stories

  • After Terrorizing Boracay, Vitaly is in Manila Harassing People Around BGC

    After Terrorizing Boracay, Vitaly is in Manila Harassing People Around BGC

    320 shares
    Share 128 Tweet 80
  • Baste Duterte goes after Marcos cabinet over Rodrigo Duterte’s ICC arrest

    312 shares
    Share 125 Tweet 78
  • The Song of a Fallen Alliance: What Digong’s ‘MacArthur Park’ Message to VP Sara Means

    253 shares
    Share 101 Tweet 63
  • ROMUALDEZ SEEN HAVING MERIENDA IN BGC

    249 shares
    Share 100 Tweet 62
  • “Resign ka na!” scorned gay netizen Robby Tarroza threatens to expose the private parts of Senator Estrada’s life

    188 shares
    Share 75 Tweet 47
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
After Terrorizing Boracay, Vitaly is in Manila Harassing People Around BGC

After Terrorizing Boracay, Vitaly is in Manila Harassing People Around BGC

April 3, 2025
Baste Duterte goes after Marcos cabinet over Rodrigo Duterte’s ICC arrest

Baste Duterte goes after Marcos cabinet over Rodrigo Duterte’s ICC arrest

September 15, 2025
The Song of a Fallen Alliance: What Digong’s ‘MacArthur Park’ Message to VP Sara Means

The Song of a Fallen Alliance: What Digong’s ‘MacArthur Park’ Message to VP Sara Means

February 7, 2025
US, Iran Move Toward War-Ending Deal; Hormuz Reopening Could Ease Global Fuel Pressure

ROMUALDEZ SEEN HAVING MERIENDA IN BGC

June 15, 2026
Democratic Party Shuffle Only Enrages US Citizens

Democratic Party Shuffle Only Enrages US Citizens

3
Sandiganbayan marcos

Sandiganbayan Drops Civil Case Against Marcos Estate

0
Olivia Rodrigo Philippines

Olivia Rodrigo Pledges Net Profits from Philippines Concert to Charity

0
2024 Philippine Airlines

2024 Philippine Airlines Direct Flights: Every City You Can Travel To

0
PNP says 70% of people arrested in online child sexual abuse cases this year were mothers of the victims

Sara Duterte blasts Bilyonaryo, 2 other outlets over inaccurate reports on Japan visit

August 19, 2026
PNP says 70% of people arrested in online child sexual abuse cases this year were mothers of the victims

Marcos orders full-scale investigation into Ateneo de Zamboanga shooting

August 19, 2026
Benguet farmers forced to dump vegetables as two-day trading queues and low prices worsen losses

Benguet farmers forced to dump vegetables as two-day trading queues and low prices worsen losses

August 19, 2026
New milestone unlocked: In just 21 months, PGMN surpasses 1,000,000 Facebook followers

New milestone unlocked: In just 21 months, PGMN surpasses 1,000,000 Facebook followers

August 19, 2026
Peanut Gallery Media Network

PGMN

© 2026 PGMN - Peanut Gallery Media Network. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Investigations
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Voices
    • World Affairs
  • Business
    • Careers
    • Creators
    • Markets
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
  • Culture
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Music
    • Pageants
    • Travel
    • Wellness
  • Contact Us
  • Shop

© 2026 PGMN - Peanut Gallery Media Network. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?