Vice President Sara Duterte criticized Bilyonaryo over its report about her supposed Japan trip, saying it was outdated because the trip had already been canceled and the revised plans were formally submitted to the Office of the President.
Bilyonaryo reported that Duterte was set to travel to Japan from Aug. 19 to 24 for personal reasons. In a statement, Duterte said her plans had since changed. On Aug. 18, OVP Chief of Staff Zuleika Lopez formally informed Executive Secretary Ralph Recto that the Japan trip would no longer push through.
She questioned whether the media outlet had verified the latest information before publishing the report, saying an earlier travel authority should not be taken as confirmation that the trip remained scheduled after it was canceled.
“I once again remind media organizations and news outlets of the importance of verifying information before publication. The rush to generate public attention or sensationalize a story should never take precedence over the responsibility to report truthfully and accurately,” she said.
Duterte also raised security concerns over the publication of her itinerary, warning that revealing a sitting vice president’s movements could expose her to greater risks.
She called on the Office of the President to take the matter seriously, stressing that the disclosure of her movements could compromise her security.


















